OT: use of terms - screen, page, and window

David Creamer ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Sun Oct 29 05:46:52 PST 2006

Here are my definitions, which are not based on any "official" source:

Page (or Web Page)
The HTML page, which unlike print, does not have a definitive depth (or,
unfortunately, width).

Screen
The viewable part of the HTML page, greatly affected by monitor size and
setting.

Window
The browser window, which may be set larger or smaller than the actual HTML
page width. Pop-up windows would be a sub-set of this category.

Navigation Tabs
The pop-up/down/out menus. I would use the full term to eliminate confusion,
since many browsers now use tabs to display multiple web pages.

David Creamer
I.D.E.A.S. - Results-Oriented Training
http://www.IDEAStraining.com
Adobe Certified Trainer & Expert (since 1995)
Authorized Quark Training Provider (since 1988)
Markzware, Enfocus, FileMaker Certified
Apple Consultant Network member (since 1990)