disappearing numbers from PDF graphics

Smith, Terry Terry.Smith at per-se.com
Tue Oct 31 07:17:44 PST 2006

Using WMFs files in PDFs can cause all sorts of problems, particularly
with all or part of the WMF disappearing unexpectedly. In my experience,
switching from WMF to EPS eliminates the problems.

An aside: The only time I use WMF now is if I need to give the graphics
to folks who don't have the tools to edit the source files. For example,
I can paste the WMFs into PowerPoint for the marketing guys. After
double-clicking the WMF, it becomes completely editable (color, line
weight, fonts) in PowerPoint.

-Terry Smith