Professing ignorance about Acrobat 7

Eduardo F. Cidade, Sr. ecidade at zoominternet.net
Sat Sep 2 18:36:03 PDT 2006

Fellow Frame Templars, here's the setup first:

WXP, Frame 7.0xxx, Acro 7.0 (yup, I finally broke down and got it)

Wise old proverb....be careful what you wish for.

I performed the deinstall of Acrobat 5 and accomplished the install of
Acrobat 7....it was long, painful, and rather lengthy, but it did complete.

Along the way, I noticed two things and this is what I'm ignorant of:

First, my printer (what I used to call Acrobat Distiller) is gone.  In it's
place is something called "Adobe PDF"

Secondly, I have lost my ability to print to a postcript file.....I used to
have an icon named "File" as a printer....okay, it's a virtual printer, but
it's the port I would tell the old Acrobat Distiller to print to, enabling
me to print to a postscript file, or .ps file.

Now I can't do either as when I try to print to a .ps file, I get a message
that says "Cannot write to specified print file"

Fellow Frame Templars!  I ask you for an assist if you too have encountered
this demon in your trials and travails......

Sword and shield in hand.....

Eduardo, Errant Frame Templar