OT: Question about Rational SODA tool

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue Sep 5 07:46:18 PDT 2006

All,

I have a colleague who is being told that Framemaker is to go bye-bye very
soon and that she will be needing to use Rational SODA to develop her
documentation. I have googled this tool (as has she) and if they (as in
her powers-that-be) want a developer who likes to write, then this would
appear to be the tool of choice; however, for "classic" end-user
deliverables such as Sys Admin guides, User Guides, OLH, etc. is does not
appear to be the tool to use. She is desperately needing some supporting
arguments/input to validate why Framemaker needs to stay.

Has anybody used this tool? Does anybody know anything about it? Arguments
for/against using it as a classic TW tool? This list has sooooo many
literate, articulate and knowledgable folks, I am sure somebody has
experience with this or can explain the for/against tool arguments and
help her along - Fred, John, Shlomo, Steve, Peter, Lynn, Kay, Bernard,
etc. . . . Calling all to arms!

Thanks,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening