Chinese fonts?

Pat Christenson pxenson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 5 17:05:12 PDT 2006

I need to create a few random Chinese characters in an otherwise
English document. The person I'm working with has this to say:

Frame supports all language fonts, so you'll need to install Eastern
language support. If you're using windows, the fonts are installed
automatically.

When I go to Preferences and click Asian Language Features Information,
I get this:

"Documents containing Asian languages can be displayed. However, most
Asian-language features are disabled because you are not running
FrameMaker on a compatible configuration of windows that can display
Asian text in menus and dialog boxes. Printing may or may not work,
depending on the printers and print drivers installed."

I'm running Windows 2000 (FrameMaker 7). I went through my Installation
CD and don't see a way of installing/enabling Asian languages (other
than installing Japanese FrameMaker). The Adobe website says there's a
ReadMe on the CD. HA! Wrong.

If Frame has automatically installed Asian fonts, I don't see them.

Any help?

Thanks.

Pat