OT: Question about Rational SODA tool

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Tue Sep 5 18:48:03 PDT 2006

At 12:47 PM -0600 9/5/06, Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com wrote:
>My bad - as a technical writer, I should have been much more clear - she
>is being told that Framemaker is going bye-bye at her organization because
>the powers that be insist Rational Soda will do the same thing - not
>Framemaker overall going bye-bye.
>
>Tammy Van Boening
>Senior Technical Writer
>Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
>303-328-4420
>tammy.vanboening at jeppesen.com

Tammy,

The powers that be who want to use Rational SoDA as a documentation
tool have been smoking funny weed.

Rational SoDA does not, has not, and will not, be able to duplicate
or even approach the functionality of Word, much less FrameMaker. In
fact Notepad is a more capable text editor than is Rational SoDA.

However, it does a bang up job of internal documentation from code
snippet comments, and other commented data.

It is not, and never has been a documentation tool like Framemaker,
Word, or even Notepad.

The person or persons who are staking their careers on this are
really misinformed, to be very, VERY generous and tactful about it.

Unfortunately you have idiots in charge.

Scott