TOC and template

Wed Sep 6 07:12:33 PDT 2006

mathieu jacquet wrote:

> I'm using a template which contains a specific paragraph
> style (called "Operation Title").
>
> The only occurence of text that is formatted using the
> paragraph style "Operation Title" is in the header of the template.

I don't understand what you mean by "header of the template." If it's in
the header (the background text frame on the master pages that repeats
on all the body pages), then you don't want it in the TOC -- there'd be
an entry for every page! If it's only in the template, not your doc,
then it's moot.

I suspect you need to clarify.

> I included the paragraph style "Operation Title" in my TOC,
> but nothing appears after it's been generated...

Do you mean that in the Set Up Table of Contents dialog, you moved
Operation Title to the Include Paragraphs tagged list? Then, if there
are instances of that pgf tag in the body of your doc, there should be
entries for them in the TOC, and those entries should be Operation
TitleTOC pgfs.

> So my question is : is it possible to include in a TOC a
> paragraph style that is "template-specific"?

I don't understand what you mean by "template-specific." You can include
in a TOC any pgf format that occurs in the doc or book for which you're
generating a TOC -- that's the whole point, really.

You don't say what version of FM you're using. If it's 6, there's a
brief introduction to TOCs in Chapter 1 of the user guide. In any
version, there's an entire chapter entitled Tables of Contents and
Indexes. If that doesn't answer your question, please clarify the
problem.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs