Importing images from a CAD system

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:25:42 PDT 2006

They are listed on the import file menu, but you may run into some
memory and translation issues if they're really large files.

If you do, I've had AutoCAD guys generate a .pdf and used that both
because it's a direct import and because it's vector. Much better
result if you have them generate a .PDF and import that than if you
convert to a non-vector format like ,jpg.

Art

On 9/7/06, b_downing at verizon.net <b_downing at verizon.net> wrote:
> I have a project where I may need to import wireframe images (basically, perspective line drawings) from a Solidworks CAD system into a Frame 7.0 document. Assuming that vector format will produce the best resolution, has anyone had any problems importing DXF images directly into Frame? Or is it better to convert to another format first?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Bill Downing
> b_downing at verizon.net

                             No disclaimers apply.