Valid Hyperlinks in Single-Source Documentation

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Thu Sep 7 14:52:57 PDT 2006

I'm a relative newcomer to Frame (7.1 with Win XP SP2), and I'm
embarking on the next phase of my FM learning curve -- experimenting
with its single-source capabilities by starting to reuse chapters with
little or no changes from one manual we produce to the next.

When I generate the PDF, I notice that the internal hyperlinks break
when they point to sections in the reused chapters. I want our users to
navigate seamlessly within the PDF so that the links take them from
point to point within and between chapters. Is there a practical,
relatively painless way to do this short of searching for and manually
validating/updating every cross-reference within FM and/or the PDF?