equation issue: size of parentheses and brackets

Karen Mardahl k.mardahl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 05:43:38 PDT 2006

Hi framers

Frame7.1p116 WinXPsp2

How can I adjust the size of parenthese and brackets in an equation?

A colleague asked for help in building an equation. It was fairly
easy, but the expression had subscripted and superscripted items, as
well as a fraction structure, so it was rather high and extended
beyond the top of the parentheses.
The font sizes are just right elsewhere, so I cannot change them -
font size changes are global (right?).
There was also an Epsilon with a bracket. There were only 2 variables
in the bracket stacked on top of each other, and they, too, extended
over the top of the bracket.

The result was acceptable, but I want to know for the future. How to
fix or tweak?

Thanks.

regards, Karen Mardahl