TOC wrap

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Mon Sep 11 18:10:48 PDT 2006

Framers,

I know we've discussed this before, but I can't figure out how to search the
archive and don't have time to look at the subjects for each month in the
archive.

I have a TOC for a 6 x 9 book with some very long chapter titles. I'm not
the author, so I can't just shorten the titles. I've already made the font a
little smaller, but the really long titles just won't fit on one line.

How can I get the titles to wrap and still have the page numbers align? My
reference page for the problem titles looks like this (in part):

Appendix <$chapnum>	<$paratext>	<$pagenum>  (tabs set between text items)
Chapter <$chapnum>	<$paratext> <$pagenum>

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
Intelligent technical communication since 1993
Technical writing, help development,
FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher conversions
lindag at techcomplus.com
http://www.techcomplus.com/
Manager, Consulting and Independent Contracting
Special Interest Group
Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html