Anybody out there using Automap?

Jaya Ghosh jghosh at coware.com
Mon Sep 11 22:36:53 PDT 2006

Hello framers,

I FM 7.0 and to convert the manuals to HTML have recently started using
AutoMap. My queries are:

1.       Is there an Automap users forum, if so can I have the link please?
I could not find anything on the net.

2.       If one of you have used Automap then probably you cud answer my
queries.

3.       Automap says it's a floating license. Currently we have single
license that is being by 3 writers. We have scheduled our job to ensure that
at a time only one job runs. Still face numerous problems that am not able
to debug. When a job terminates it simply reports "unable to create project"
or "no free license available" or "all your license keys have expired, order
for more licenses from Quadralay"  or "unable to deploy" .  Ours is an EDA
industry and we have about 5 products and each product has about 45 manuals
each. These errors occur randomly that is sometimes the project is created
fine with all the links and books working fine including the HTMLs and
sometimes it does not.  It fails most of the time on the day we are supposed
to deliver the contents to the configuration management team - Murphy's Law
I suppose :-)

4.       Can anyone enlighten me on as to why I get the license errors when
it happens to be a floating license?

5.       Has anybody on the list encountered similar problems related to
Automap? We are using the Automap 2000 Platinum Edition.

Any help/feedback on these queries will be really helpful as I seem to
wasting lot of time trying to debug the issues as the error messages are
anything but intuitive.

Cheers

Jaya