Wrapping TOC, extra tabs not quite solving all problems

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Wed Sep 13 09:45:12 PDT 2006

Thanks to everyone who responded. I received lots of great ideas, but none
worked given the 6 x 9 page size and very long headings, except for the TOC
Breaker plug-in http://www.telecable.es/personales/cud/cssIndex.htm. I
installed that, played with it a bit, and got it to fix the problems. Not
totally automatic (you have to select two menu options while in the toc file
and after updating the book), but I think I can remember to that when I do
the final update.

Thanks all for the help and thanks, Chris, wherever you are these days, for
the free plug-in that does this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
Intelligent technical communication since 1993
Technical writing, help development,
FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher conversions
lindag at techcomplus.com
http://www.techcomplus.com/
Manager, Consulting and Independent Contracting
Special Interest Group
Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html