Question regarding converting documents to Structured FrameMaker

Dave Shevitz D.Shevitz at F5.com
Wed Sep 13 12:06:17 PDT 2006

Lynne,

Aha! As it turned out, there was a blank paragraph tag between my Title
element and my Itemizedlist element. Once I found that, I modified my
conversion table and all was well.

Thanks--I don't know if I would've thought of that!

Dave Shevitz Sr. Technical Writer  |  d.shevitz at f5.com  | www.f5.com
P.  206 272 5555  |  F.  206 272 5556 | D.  206 272 6104
F5 Networks  | 401 Elliott Avenue West  |  Seattle, Washington 98119

The World Runs Better with F5

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynne A. Price [mailto:lprice at txstruct.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:56 AM
To: Dave Shevitz; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Question regarding converting documents to Structured
FrameMaker

At 08:59 AM 9/12/2006, Dave Shevitz wrote:
>What I would like is to ensure that the converted document is always
>wrapped in a <chapter> tag. Currently, a <chapter> can contain a
<title>
>element, a single <itemizedlist> element, and one or more <sect1>
>elements. I've tried to create my conversion table statement to read:
>
>title, itemizedlist[ChapterBullet], sect1*
>
>But the chapter element does not appear. When I try:
>
>itemizedlist[ChapterBullet], sect1*
>
>The <chapter> element appears, but obviously the title is outside the
>element. It appears, then, that the problem is with the <title>
element.
>(Oddly enough, I can wrap the <title> element by itself inside a
><chapter> element. The problem only seems to be when I'm combining the
><title> with the <itemizedlist>.)

Dave,
   Are you successful in creating a title element? And is there anything

between the title and the itemizedlist?
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application
development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284