Nasty X-Refs

Whites whitefamily at mac.com
Wed Sep 13 23:06:11 PDT 2006

I just spend best part of an afternoon searching for a broken X-ref
that, IMHO, should never have existed. I'm updating a document that
has been through many hands (of various degrees of incompetence). As
always when I inherit a doc, I start a new Book file from scratch and
add chapters to it bit but bit. This time, however, there existed a
statement in the Book file .mif  that referenced an earlier
incarnation of one of the files, using the old filename (one I had
never linked to, etc) and a paragraph tag that I never used (but that
the earlier users apparently had).
Anyone know of a utility that can diagnosis a Book to see if it
contains X-refs to files not in the book and paragraph tags not in
any of the files??

Any light shed will be appreciated.

will white
Hah! Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that?
Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?
Do they?  - Sideshow Bob