good flowchart software to use with Frame

Gillian Flato gflato at nanometrics.com
Thu Sep 14 09:00:42 PDT 2006

Although FrameMaker drawing tools are primitive, keep in mind that if
your documents are ever going to be translated, the Translator will need
to access the Flow chart labels and translate them too. If the flow
chart is done all in Frame, it's easier for the Translator. If it's in
Visio, the Translator has to have a copy of Visio, translate the flow
chart, create the .png and reimport it. They will charge you extra money
for that.

Just something to keep in mind.

I switched from using Illustrator for callouts to using Frame, for that
specific reason.

Thank you,

Gillian Flato
Technical Writer (Software)