Angled heads with PostScript code

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Sep 15 13:13:39 PDT 2006

Rick Quatro wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I don't know if I am remembering correctly, but I seem to recall in an
> early version of FrameMaker, there was an example of using PostScript
> code to angle table cells at a non-standard angle. It was probably
> done with PostScript text frames. If anybody remembers any details or
> has any information about doing this, please let me know. Thanks.
Hi, Rick:

I seem to remember .ps examples, too. I think one was for transitions
that would happen in PDFs. I also seem to remember a sample, either .ps
or MIF, that made a pie chart.

Have you tried creating what you need in a FrameMaker file, then
printing to .ps and also to MIF to see how it's exported?

Since FrameMaker table cells only rotate in 90° increments, solutions
are probably something like:

* an angled text line or text frame in an anchored frame in a cell

* carefully sized imported graphic or graphics in single or straddled
heading/footing cells

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold