My colors are gone

Robert Shelton rshelton at opentext.com
Fri Sep 15 14:34:27 PDT 2006

I'm working in a document I just took over from a writer who left. I want it to use my styles, so I imported all formats--page layouts, paragraphs, characters, color definitions, everything--from one of my other documents. Everything seems to be working as expected, except that when I apply a character style that's supposed to be red, the text disappears. I assume it's getting set to white instead. When I re-apply the default paragraph font, the text goes back to black.

I've checked the character definition and it definitely says red.

I've checked the document I copied the formats from, and it works fine there.

I've looked at the color definition for red, and it's red, all right.

I've tried applying the color directly, not through a character style. Same problem.

I've tried using green instead of red. Same problem.

I've saved the file as a PDF, and the text is invisible there, too.

I've shut down and re-opened Frame, just in case.

Why won't my colors work?

Frame 7.0p578 on Win 2000 Pro.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob
"Love people. Use things. Not vice-versa." -- Kelly Rothaus