Wrapping TOC, extra tabs not quite solving all problems

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Sat Sep 16 16:55:20 PDT 2006

Randall,

While the plug-in was not a perfect solution, once my toc was stable, I set
up the page breaks and line breaks. Then I just had to select the two menu
options to have them automatically applied again. I found that much easier
than redoing all the breaks manually.

The only other feasible solution that I investigated was a custom script
that I believe would still entail an additional step after updating the
book. You can contact Rick Quatro (rick at frameexpert.com) if you want to know
more. He's the person I've used before for scripts (just a satisfied
customer).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
Intelligent technical communication since 1993
Technical writing, help development,
FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher conversions
lindag at techcomplus.com
http://www.techcomplus.com/
Manager, Consulting and Independent Contracting
Special Interest Group
Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html