Bizarre character issue (Uppercase F does not work)

Bernard Aschwanden bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Mon Sep 25 08:44:00 PDT 2006

Hi all:

I'm running into a really odd FrameMaker issue on my laptop. I'm typing and the only character that I can't insert is F. Uppcase F.

I try to do so and nothing is inserted. If I type a lowercase F and then apply a key sequnce to force uppercase, I see the "F" character with not issues. Can't press Shift+f and get anywhere.

I've restarted the application. I've restarted the computer. I've tried this in other software and it works perfectly. I tried the 'other' shift key. I tried all kinds of other uppercase characters and they work.

Word, email, notepad, excel and more. No issues. Just rameMaker (little joke there... It does work in email. See: FrameMaker can drive you crazy at times).

Any help would be fantastic.

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Publishing Technologies Expert