InDesign to FrameMaker

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 00:31:21 PDT 2006

At 08:55 +0200 26/9/06, Nanna P. Vig wrote:

>Most manuals in my company are done in FrameMaker. However, a few have been
>created in InDesign, and we have decided to change one of them to
>FrameMaker.
>
>Is there a way to to this apart from redoing the manual from scratch in
>Frame using copy-paste?
>
>I am using FrameMaker 7.0 on Mac and PC, and also have InDesign 2.0 on Mac.

Here's a possible route, if you have full Acrobat: save as PDF from InD, then open the PDF in Acrobat and save as RTF. Import the RTF into FrameMaker - see the archives for a discussion of methods, but I seem to remember that the 'Japanese' RTF filter is preferred, and Mif2Go is better if you have some money to spend on the job.

It seems, however, that you can also export RTF directly from InDesign. Here are some relevant recent postings...

--
Steve