Comparing documents w/ large tables

esangalang at micron.com esangalang at micron.com
Tue Sep 26 10:03:02 PDT 2006

We are trying to use Frame's document comparison utility to see before
and after text side by side in the same document. It works great until
it reaches our tables, when it just puts the old table and the new table
in. The problem is that inserting/deleting a row/column causes the rest
of the cells to move. Frame apparently does cell by cell comparison in
tables, so the shift in cell location makes it appear that more than 75%
of the table has changed, whereupon it considers the whole table
replaced. Does anyone know of a plug-in that can detect when a row is
inserted (or deleted) and factor that into the comparison?

Edith Sangalang
Technical Writer
Micron Imaging Group
Micron Technology, Inc.
This e-mail contains information that is Micron Technology, Inc.
confidential and proprietary and it is intended solely for delivery to
the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication is
please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original
message to us at the listed e-mail address. Thank You.