Paragraph Numbering

Fri Sep 29 07:15:20 PDT 2006

kgrace4715 at aol.com wrote:

> 1.  Make numbers increment by variable increments 2.  Make
> the sub numbers ( 10.030.1 and 10.030.2) increment by one
> when using the first number as a "base or root" 10.030 and 10.045

Well, you can't _autonumber_ a sequence that with arbitrary increments.
You could hard-code the Apple and Orange numbers -- just enter 10.020 in
the Autonumber Format box of Paragraph Designer -- just to get the
positioning and char formatting.

Then, you could use autonumbering for the sequential subentries by
setting up a pgf format with autonumbering of 10.020.<n+>. Obviously,
you'd need a separate pfg format for each unique "fruit-level" number.

Or maybe you should try rethinking this entirely and not use FM's
numbering at all. I assume you're not making up these numbers that
increment arbitrarily. If they're generated elsewhere, perhaps some form
of import (manual or scripted) would off-load the numbering to the
external source.

HTH!
Richard

------