PDFMark question

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sun Apr 1 10:47:52 PDT 2007

William,

You wrote:

>I've created a Postscript window that uses PDFMark to populate the Title,
>Author, and Subject fields using the DOCINFO argument (keywords are not
>useful to this client). This uses the document variables, and so far, I
>must state, Man-o-Manischewitz, this thing is cool.
>
>However, I would also like to be able to use PDFMark to populate the
>fields locatable via the Additional Metadata button (in Acrobat: File >
>Document Properties... > Additional Metadata), specifically, the Copyright
>Status, Copyright Notice, and Copyright Info URL declarations.
>
>I have tried the METADATA tag, but this only populates the Custom
>Properties field under the Custom tab.

You have to use the /Metadata pdfmark, with the following syntax:

[{Catalog} {XMPStreamName} /Metadata pdfmark

as described in the pdfmark Reference manual (page 35 in the v8.0 version,
available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat , under Documentation)

Information on the XMP stream is available at
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/xmp/topic.html

Certainly not trivial, but not impossible... In the case of
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers add-on, I had to resort to creating and
referencing a temporary external XMP file, which is then used transparently
in the course of the distilling process
(http://www.microtype.com/TimeSavers.html , PDF Settings tab).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D