Page break paragraph style

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Apr 4 07:34:30 PDT 2007

Linda G. Gallagher wrote:

> Here's another quick one. Are there Windows keyboard shortcuts to switch
> from Body pages to Master pages, etc.? I feel like I've seen someone use
> something faster than Esc v B, Esc v R, and Esc v M that I found in the
> help.

The Alt key is your friend ;-)

I use my left thumb on the Alt key for most Windows shortcuts, as that
is what activates the menu hotkeys, and my fingers don't leave the home
keys, as they do when using Escape sequences. You also generally don't
need to worry about case, although there are exceptions.

So Alt + v opens the (V)iew menu, then type d for Bo(d)y, m for
(M)aster, or e for R(e)ference pages.

There is a Windoze setting somewhere (or is it a setting in each
application?? I can't remember) that determines whether the hotkeys are
underlined all the time or not until you press Alt. I prefer to see them
all the time, as that makes them easier to learn.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com