Page break paragraph style

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Wed Apr 4 09:40:37 PDT 2007

I use widow/orphan options and keep with next/previous on various tags to
come up with relatively bulletproof page breaks. Only when that fails do I
consider any of the options discussed. In my experience, when I can't
globally control the page breaks through para tag options in my template,
the Page Layout override "cheat" works great.

As many of my projects go into the 1,000 page range, I preach the 95%
perfect rule...
I'd rather have a controllable document with 95% of my desired formatting
than have an uncontrollable document (in terms of extra tags & manual
housekeeping) that gives me 100% perfect formatting. If you spend the time
keeping your template simple & controllable, manual page breaks and extra
tags can be minimized if not eliminated.

-Matt Sullivan

GRAFIX Training, Inc.

An Adobe Authorized Training Center

www.grafixtraining.com