Looking for a documentation portal example

Wed Apr 18 13:48:04 PDT 2007

Michael Müller-Hillebrand

> A company with a lot of modules (software or hardware)
> nowadays usually has a website where all the latest PDF files
> are available for download.
>
> But, wouldn't it be desirable to have all that information in HTML
> format: better navigation options, more efficient search,
> search across all modules. It seems to me HTML would be
> better for many tasks, but printing.
>
> Have you seen such a (public) documentation portal? I am
> looking around myself, but would be thankful for every link
> you can give me.

I've recently been using Cisco's, and I think it's rather nicely done. Here's where I started:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_documentation.html

Everything I needed was available as web pages, with pretty decent navigation on the left. But the topics all seemed to have "Download this chapter" and "Download the complete book" links to PDFs.

Now, if only the stuff I needed were easy to understand. ;-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer