Resize anchored frame to fit graphic

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Apr 18 15:02:08 PDT 2007

The mnemonic actually stands for "mathematics package",
since the feature was originally designed to package graphics
that were in-line equations.

And it's probably worthwhile pointing out that the standard
command changes the position attribute of the anchored frame
to be "at insertion point" regardless of how you had previously
set it. This is exactly appropriate behavior when handling
in-line equations, but it's a PITA most of the rest of the time.
There is, however, a free plug-in that changes the behavior
of the same Escape command sequence to fit the frame to
the graphic *without* changing the frame's position attribute.
The author of the plug-in prefers to remain anonymous, but
has made the DLL available from listmember Carla Martinek's
website. Go to
http://martinek.us/shrinkwrap.html
for the ShrinkWrapAsIs plug-in. Works great, but if you don't
like it (and you've got an appropriate compiler handy) you
can use the provided source code to make your own DLL
that does *exactly* what you want.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ