FrameMaker Server "User Interface"??

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Fri Apr 20 06:00:21 PDT 2007

Hi Randy,

Don't overlook FrameScript as an automation tool for FrameMaker Server
development. FrameScript is only $149 per seat (http://www.framescript.com).
Even adding the cost of custom scripts, your total investment can be a
fraction of what some of the other products cost.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

A few years ago, we installed a server-based version of Frame: No
documentation, little product knowledge on the part of the Adobe
customer service folks. Now, new company, same need. This time, our IT
department tells us that we need  "software programming to build the
interface for the control/security/access features." to the tune of
$25,000 worth of software programming consultant time. This floored me
since the last time it was a single CD that a one-person IT department
installed in a few hours.
Has the Server version changed?
And the Adobe site says that Server needs a companion and "must be
integrated into a solution before it is ready for use. You can either
purchase third-part solutions (From Datazone or Finite Matters Limited)
or you can build your own solution using Frame Developers Kit."
I don't recall us using FDK or third-party solution before. What
experiences do other Listers have for FM Server?
TIA,

Randy