Special > Marker dialog box has disappeared

Whites whitefamily at mac.com
Wed Aug 1 07:32:23 PDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:55 PM, Fred Ridder wrote:

> Alternative #5 is to leave the taskbar (its official name, BTW)
[Thanks for the correction. I had the feeling that I was not using
the proper term.]

> unlocked
> at at its normal bottom of the window position, but to grab its top
> edge and "window-shade" it down to its minimum height (just a few
> pixels--only big enough to allow you to grab the edge again when you
> want to restore the taskbar) if you have dropped any FrameMaker
> window with its title bar concealed behind the taskbar. Then when
> you need the taskbar again, just grab its top edge and window-shade
> it back to the desired height (1-row, 2-row, whatever). Takes almost
> no time and minimal effort.

I might give this a try if I get tired of the taskbar being at the
top of the window. However, it involves more use of the mouse - which
I try to minimize.
I would still welcome some clever person coming up with a "force to
center" option in FM. On the other hand, once one knows of the
workarounds, the cruddy implementation of taskbar behavior in XP is
no big deal.

will white

There is something fascinating about science.
One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture
out of such a trifling investment of fact. - Twain