Side heads and master pages

Leah Smaller leah at compulite.com
Thu Aug 2 02:24:04 PDT 2007

Good morning to all,

The document I am working on uses Right/Left pages with side heads. I have been using this template successfully for many years.

I needed to create a table that has 2 columns and sorted alphabetically by the first column. This turned out to be a very long (150 rows), skinny table over a number of pages.

To acheive something more compact, I applied my IndexRight and IndexLeft master pages (no side heads, 2 columns, 1 text flow). Now this looks really great, gives me exactly what I want, and fits exactly onto 2 pages.

The problem is these that 2 pages have side heads (which is puzzling, since IndexRight and IndexLeft master page do not have side heads). I want to acquire more real estate on the page by getting rid of these side heads.

As I do not understand why these 2 pages have side heads, I have not succeeded in finding a way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)