FM To PowerPoint

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Thu Aug 2 05:29:01 PDT 2007

Not a particularly pretty task, no matter how you slice it, Rick. I'm
not aware of a plug-in, but absent a better method, here's what I'd
probably do -- with the assumption that reformatting is inevitable in
any case, that you're working with text, and that any graphical elements
to the slides you'll deal with separately.

1. Save the Frame file to RTF.
2. Open the RTF in Word and clean it up as desired.
2a. Assuming you're comfortable with Word's heading levels, get your
slides-to-be in outline format using Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 heads
at your desired level of terseness.
3. Use Word's Send to PowerPoint feature.
4. Open PowerPoint, perform final cleanup, apply desired design
template.
5. Add any desired graphics.

Jim