Frame 7.2 and Distiller 8.1 Crash

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Fri Aug 3 08:27:06 PDT 2007

Hi Framers,

I am using FrameScript to save a bunch of FrameMaker documents to PDF. The
script has been used sucessfully with Distiller 7.0.x. With Distiller 8.1, I
get intermittent Distiller crashes. The PDF is actually being created, but
it is still named with a .tpdf extension. Apparently, Distiller is crashing
before it renames the file to .pdf.

Even on successful jobs, Distiller does not clean up the .tps and .tpdf
files. Has anyone else seen problems like this, particularly with documents
saved without a script. Thanks in advance.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com