Multiple versions of Acrobat on same system?

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Sun Aug 5 17:21:17 PDT 2007

Without seeing one of these PDF files that cause "problems" it
would be very difficult to know what is really going on. For what
it is worth, some of the current "clone" PDF readers (including the
Mac previewer) have problems with perfectly valid PDF files from
Acrobat (or exported from InDesign and Illustrator). So ...
I suspect you are doing about the best you can by urging users
to newer versions of Reader. Note that if I was saving PDF files
for the general public and I didn't have need for features such
as JPEG 2000 compression and some of more sophisticated internal
compression of objects in PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6), I would save to
Acrobat 5 compatibility.

	- Dov

Reader