Interesting Printing Problem

Sam Beard sbeard at oico.com
Wed Aug 1 09:17:41 PDT 2007

Hello All,

   Please forgive the cross-post, but I wanted to share this with both
lists. I'm on Frame 7.2b144 on Windows XP. Yesterday, I had to convert
some documents over from Frame to Word. Saving out to Word didn't work
well, with crashes of Frame the few times I tried. So, I tried
converting to RTF and then opening those files in Word and saving out as
regular Word files. This worked mostly, but there were a couple of files
that it just didn't work on, with the result a FRAME file instead of an
RTF. So, with those files, I converted to HTML and then opened and saved
as Word files.

   So far, so good. This morning, when I tried to print a Frame
document, all I got was a VERY small full-page version of the page
centered on the 8.5 x 11 page, but only measuring something like 2 x 1,
or so. I tried another document, same result. I tried a Word document
and it printed normally. So, I restarted Frame and now it's back to
normal size on the Frame pages. I don't understand exactly what
happened, but thought I'd let the groups know and see if there are some
answers. Is this something known or is it something new?

Thanks much,

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.

Technical Writer

OI Analytical