Import Settings: FM MIF to RH?

Randy.Handel at sage.com Randy.Handel at sage.com
Wed Aug 1 12:27:38 PDT 2007

Anyone have advice or clues on how to manipulate import settings for
RoboHelp when importing FM mif files?

Our department has just switched from Word to Frame to try and develop
single-sourcing, so we are having growing pains.  Ideally, we would like the
images we link to in our FrameMaker files be ready for print--and then have
the same images convert in RoboHelp and be ready for the web.  Everything
runs smoothly until the images open in RoboHelp.  No matter what our format,
size, or resolution, RoboHelp forces JPG formatting and resizing.  I don't
know which causes the degradation, but in the end we have a fuzzy unreadable
screen shot.

The only solution I have come up with so far--which defeats the "single" in
single-sourcing, is to resize the images by hand (or script) and then
replace the ones generated by the RoboHelp import.  Please, someone have a
more elegant solution.

This has likely been handled before and elsewhere, but no one seems to have
addressed this specific issue.  Likely it is just so obvious that I am
missing something because I amazed this is not covered all over the web.

Randolph Handel
Technical Writer
Medical Manager Research & Development
Sage Software
15151 NW 99th Street ● Alachua, FL 32615
Office: 386.418.7137 ● Fax: 386.418.1591
 <http://www.sagehealth.com/> www.sagehealth.com

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and
may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified
that the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this message in error or are not the named
recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the fax address or
telephone number above and delete this message.  Thank you.