Running Structured Frame 7.2/8 on Macbook Pro under OS 10/Parallels

Robert Stoker info at seatechpubs.com
Tue Aug 7 16:54:07 PDT 2007

I run structured Frame 7.2 on a Macbook Pro through Parallels (with
Windows XP on the Boot Camp partition) on my "in-the-field" machine.
The configuration seems pretty solid. Working on the local hard drive,
FrameMaker performance is acceptable although quite a bit slower than
Frame 7.0 running on my G5 Mac desktop configuration. If you are
accustomed to working on an older Windows machine, you will likely see
an increase in performance.

Watch out if you work on a cross-platform server. The Frame/Parallels
configuration is significantly slower when your work resides on a Mac
server (for additional information, see
http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2007-June/008046.html).
You probably won't notice much of a difference if you work on a Windows
server or if you work locally.

Regards,
Robert Stoker
Seatech Publications, Inc.