Heading with autonumber and square bullet

Shmuel Wolfson sbw at actcom.com
Thu Aug 9 08:14:10 PDT 2007

Here's a previously posted reply:

If you don't want to mess with character codes, set your desired bullet
font as a character tag (for example, Dingbats, Wingdings) and use the
character tag in the Automnumber field. This way you can merely use the
letter that corresponds with the character in the bullet font that you
want. For example, the letter 'N' equates with the large square in Zapf
Dingbats.

You can also use this method to set a different font size for the bullet
if you wish, although you may get baseline alignment problems. There is
a MIF hack for this which I forget but which has been documented here
before.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson