List of Tables, List of Figures

Thu Aug 9 14:53:55 PDT 2007

Molly Keegan wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my two lists so that the figure number
> appears in front of the figure title (same with tables).  I
> can't find a user variable for figure number or table number.
> Am I missing something?  Can I create one myself?

Assuming you're using autonumbered pgfs for your figure and table titles
(which Mike addressed), you include the paragraph number in the LOF/LOT
by putting the <$paranum> building block into the appropriate pgfs in
the ref page special text flow for the LOF/LOT. For example, in my LOF
flow, the FigCapLOF pgf looks like this (with tabs separating the
building blocks):

<$paranum>	<$paratext> 			 <$pagenum>

For a list of the building blocks you can use, see "Editing special text
flows for lists and indexes" in the online help.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs