first impressions of FrameMaker 8

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Thu Aug 9 15:04:19 PDT 2007

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson wrote:

> This registering thing: does it mean that we no longer can install the
> same FM on two computers like the license used to be (one at work or
> main computer and one at home or on a laptop, IIRC)?

If the FM8 standalone license is consistent with licenses for other
Adobe products that I've seen, you'll be allowed to activate the program
on two computers as long as you don't use it on both at the same time.
In practice, Adobe doesn't know whether (with four hands and two heads)
you operate two machines simultaneously.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com