first impressions of FrameMaker 8

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Aug 9 15:34:48 PDT 2007

Hi, Dov, et. al.

Dov Isaacs wrote:
> The activation mechanism supports two activations such
> that you can use the software per the EULA. Note that if
> you need to move from a system to another (i.e., a third
> system), there is a function to DE-activate on a system
> which adds one back to your available activation count.
> That system does work pretty well.

I believe that Acrobat 8 has something similar. I discovered
that by accident ... my laptop died and I could not have gone
through the process of DE-activation. When I loaded it onto a
new replacement system, I got a screen message that it was being
activated a second time (or some such info, as I recall badly
now).

Since this license is only one machine anyway (I bought a second
copy of Acrobat 8 for my home system), I did not worry about it
at the time. I hope that this issue does not get in my way if
this laptop (or OS load) croaks and I have to reload the OS in
any way.