TOC help in Framemaker 8

Catherine Christiaanse c.christiaanse at tecplot.com
Thu Aug 9 17:12:03 PDT 2007

hi all,

I have just upgraded to Framemaker version 8 (from 7.2) and I am am
having issues building one of my manuals.  I have successfully updated
and built two Framemaker manuals.  Unfortunately, I am having no end of
difficulty creating a third PFD using an identical method (Save As>PDF
and Acrobat Distiller 6).  The problem seems to be centered around
either the TOC or cross-references.

Here's a recap of what I've done so far:

(1) after removing the TOC from the book altogether, I was able to
isolate 4 offending cross-references.  once I removed the
cross-references and corresponding markers and then replaced them, I was
able to build a PDF of the book (without the TOC).

(2) I added the TOC back to the book, but receive the following errors
in my log:

	 %%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: get ]%%

	Stack:
	0
	-null-
	0
	-null-
	[0 0 1]
	/Border
	-mark-
	/Action
	[0 0 0]
	/Border
	[1050 3380 7650 3143]
	/Rect
	-mark-

(3) I deleted the TOC file and its backup and created a new TOC.  I
received the same errors as above.

(4) I deleted the new TOC file and created a new one, with only one
paragraph tag.  Same errors.

(5) I cycled through all of the paragraph tags that I traditionally
include in the TOC, deleting the old file and creating a new one each
time.  Same errors.

Can anyone point in me in the right direction?

thanks in advance for your help,

Cate Christiaanse
Technical Writing Lead
Phone: 425.653.1200 x224