Need 8 Install Help

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 03:34:35 PDT 2007

Same problem here:

   1. Uninstalled beta test copy first.
   2. Restarted Windows.
   3. Installed FM8 trial version.
   4. Started FM8 and I get to see the splash screen saying "You have 30
      days left in your trial period". Great! This gives me plenty of
      time to prepare a "what's new in FrameMaker 8" seminar for my
      FrameMaker trainees.
   5. Selected "Continue Trial" and clicked Next, but got the message
      "Product License has expired". Sigh!

Indeed Sarah, you were right in saying: "Caution for beta testers:
Reports
<http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2007-August/008766.html>
on the frameusers list indicate difficulties with installing the trial
version on a system that had a beta version installed."

So far for my "first impressions".

Yves Barbion
Documentation Architect
Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor