XRefs mysteriously converted to text

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 07:05:38 PDT 2007

If you promise not to hold it against me, I'll tell you. I managed to
screw this one up this week.

In the Xref dialog box, there's an option "Convert to Text" that brings
up another dialog box, and if in that you select "Convert All to Text"
every Xref in your document becomes boring, unclickable text.

In a shocking but familiar display of hypocrisy, I "had been planning
to" save a backup, so spent some hours reconstructing Xrefs blown away
in a quarter of a second of inattention.

My sympathies... (raises glass of green tea)

--- "David Shaked (Wernick)" <david at almondweb.com> wrote:

> I already restored the XRefs, but does someone have an idea what may
> have
> caused the problem and how I can prevent it in the future? Is there a
> known
> FrameMaker 7.2 bug that converts XRefs to text? Is there a "Convert
> all
> XRefs to Text" command that I inadvertently activated?

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development