first impressions of FrameMaker 8

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 07:27:36 PDT 2007

I've played with the pre-release beta, and now the demo, and my general
assessment is positive.

FrameMaker 8 is a base-of-platform release, meaning that Adobe threw in
the basic features it's going to develop and augment in the 8-series
line, mainly to bring it up to par with other Adobe software on the
level of its internals and interoperability. This is very positive, and
for those of us who remember the inevitably circular "Is Frame dead?"
discussions from four months ago, a real boon.

There will inevitably be patches, and most software of x.0 status isn't
"ready" until x.1, but that's more the nature of software development
than something specific to FrameMaker 8.

--- Bodvar Bjorgvinsson <bodvar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lot of things here to support my suspicion that Adobe should have
> waited a couple of months with this release. We will probably see
> more
> than a couple of patches soon.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development