Pop-ups in Generated PDF

Lin Surasky Lin.Surasky at retalix.com
Tue Aug 14 15:26:33 PDT 2007

Hi all-

I have to publish a HUGE flowchart for a customer that has several
levels of data within each square. In order to fit the entire chart on
one page (and have the text larger than 6 pt), I want to only display
one or two levels of data and then use hypertext commands (probably
popup menus, even though the menu options won't lead the user anywhere;
they'll just display the next level of data) to allow the user to click
an item and show the rest of the data that falls below that item.

I have the hypertext command working in FrameMaker (I can
Ctrl-Alt-right-click the text flow and see the next level of data in a
popup menu), but nothing's happening in the PDF. (Yes, I'm generating
Acrobat data when I create the PS file.) So, what am I missing? And why
do I have to right-click instead of left-click like usual to test the
hyperlink?

AND does anyone have a better way to go about this than hypertext
commands? I'm all ears.

I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 on Windows, unstructured for now but can go
structured if necessary.

Thanks muchly!
Lin