JOB: Technical Writer - Contract - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

jobs at prospring.net jobs at prospring.net
Thu Aug 16 14:53:14 PDT 2007

TW-996  Technical Writer - Contract - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Length: TBD

A developer of software that displays graphics over live video feeds
(such as displaying the score at the bottom of a televised ball game)
needs a technical writer to document update their user documentation.

My contact couldn't tell me how long the project will take, just that
they want someone full time (40 hours/week).

Since we don't know how long the project will take, the first thing
you will need to do is look at what they have vs. where they want to
be, then give a ballpark estimate for the project (a month? two? six?).

Work can be done remotely after initial meetings with the client
on-site.  There are no travel funds budgeted, so someone already in
the greater Ft. Lauderdale area would be ideal (but not required)
since we don't know how long the project will take or how often you
will need to meet on-site.

We also don't have a published bill rate, so please state your 1099
bill rate then applying.

Current documentation is in FrameMaker, distributed in PDF.

Requirements:

o. Experience documenting PC-based software (Required)

o. Experience with FrameMaker (Required)

o. Experience documenting video editing software a major plus

Notes:

o. Authorized US workers only (sorry, we can't sponsor or transfer H1 visas)

o. Questions? Call 866-302-5774, Ext 201

o. To be considered apply
here:
http://www.cytiva.com/cejobs/applyprospring.asp?prospr?prosprTW-996?jack?33

ProSpring Technical Staffing