Frame to PDF: display Document Title in title bar?

William Abernathy william at inch.com
Fri Aug 17 13:02:04 PDT 2007

In Acrobat, under:

Document Properties > Initial View > Show:

there is a setting that toggles the document view between Document Title and
File Name. This controls the caption that appears in the top (usually blue) bar
of the window. Thus, I can choose to display "foobar.pdf" in the top bar of the
window, or "Foo, a Learned Disquisition on Bar" (the full document title) in the
same location.

The default setting is to display the file name. I would like to change the
default setting to display the document title and force this on subsequent
readers. I can't locate a PDFMark command to force this, nor can I parse
anything like this by hunting for an obvious line in the various *.ini files in
the c:/Program Files/Adobe tree.

I am using Frame 7.2, Distiller 7.0, and Acrobat 7.0 on a Windows XP system.

Is anyone aware of, an Acrobat registry setting, a line in a *.ini file, a
PDFMark argument, or some other setting that will result in my writers being
able to Distill from FrameMaker into PDF, forcing documents to default display
the title, without their having to toggle the Initial View setting manually to
"Document Title?"

Thanks in advance,

--William Abernathy