XP Home and FM6?

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Wed Aug 22 06:52:15 PDT 2007

Ragnar Hanas wrote:

> Now a friend of me is trying to install FM6 on a new laptop with
> XP Home but gets the error message "This program requires at least 3MB of
> free virtual memory to run” as soon as she tries to run the installation CD.

I have a vague memory of running into this and it was something totally
unexpected and unrelated to the error message, one of the system minimum
requirements not being satisfied, like not having a PS printer
installed, or the color settings on the video card were too low.

this laptop meets all of them. In particular, check the video and make
sure it's set for at least 256 colors.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com