Importing a sheet of an Excel table

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 02:34:30 PDT 2007

Hi Framers,

Is there a way (plug-in) to import a specific sheet of an Excel table into
FrameMaker 7.2? I've got spare parts lists in multiple languages, one
language per sheet in 1 Excel file, 1 Excel file per product.

I'd like to import the English sheet in my English user guide, the German
sheet in my German "Bedienungsanleitung" etc. And I import the Excel file as
a text inset (with Automatic updates); OLE is not an option. The source
(Excel) is maintained by the people from Engineering: they change part
numbers and add or remove component parts.

Thanks

Yves